The college is named after St. Vincent Pallotti, a saint who was born in Rome in 1795. His desire for charity prompted him to establish a religious society of Priests and Brothers. His service to humanity was remarkable and his life was exemplary in thought, word and deed. His extraordinary life bore witness to Jesus Christ. His unquenchable thirst for service was felt by people at large.
St. Vincent Pallotti established the Society of the Catholic Apostolate in the year 1835. This Society is commonly known as the Congregation of the Pallottine Fathers and Brothers. The good services of the Society spread all over the world, making a beginning in India in 1951. The society tries to live up to the ideals of St. Vincent Pallotti in spreading the flame of charity. Its essential effort is in proclaiming to the world that unity and happiness lie in service.
Vidhya Protshan Sangh
In its effort to extend service in various fields, the Society decided to render its support in the field of education too. Resultantly, Vidya Protsahan Sangh was registered in 1974. Under this registered society, among other institutes, St. Vincent Pallotti College was set up as the first institution for higher education.
St. Vincent Pallotti College is established and administered by Vidya Protsahan Sangh, a charitable Society under the article 30(1) of the constitution of India, primarily meant for Christian minorities. The college also caters to the educational needs of the others. As per the provision of article 30(1) of the Constitution of India and verdict of the 11 members bench of the Supreme Court on 31.10.2002, this college has the right.
- To admit students
- To set up a reasonable fee structure
- To constitute a governing body.
- To appoint staff (teaching and non teaching) and
- To take action if there is dereliction of duty on the part of any employee
- College Committee List for the calendar year 2019 - 20
- College Committee List for the calendar year 2018 - 19
- College Committee List for the calendar year 2017 - 18
- College Committee List for the calendar year 2016 - 17